Wednesday, February 27, 2008

OK AM I WRONG?

Ok this is the story one of my best friends in the world got kicked out the house by her mother. So she told me this and me being the friend i am i told her to come ova here so she not sleeping on the streets. Now i didnt think it was gonna be an issue because my cousin and his lil boney ass girlfriend be in his room all damn night into the morning and my grandma dont say nothing to them. So my friend gets here and we are not making any noise ( i make more noise in the kitchen by myself at this time), so we get to my room and then my grandma starts cursing and screaming talking about she has to work every f-ing day and she cant deal with this BS so i just tell my friend to go to my room and i sat there and just listened to her curse and she was like you not brining nobody in my house at this time. So i just said what ever and walked to my room and told my friend she could take a nap before she had to be to work in the morning. So my friend is napping and i hear my cousin try to sneak his girlfriend out the house after he heard my grandma curse so i blew his spot up and asked my grandma why he gets to have his girlfriend which he is intimate with stay ova but i cant have my best friend who has no place to stay stay for a few night and that other lil chick is ova here everynight for the past 3 months. And then my grandma was like thats not important so i got upset and said F-it i am done trying to act like this lil perfect angel in this house when you treat me like a peasant compare to my cousin and everything i do is wrong if its not like what he does. Sometimes i feel like the ugly duckling when it comes to being in her house only i dont feel like there is a swan coming from any of this mess(and i dont mean look wise). But i walked back into my room and sat in my chair cuz my friend was sleep at this point and i know she is gonna call my mother like she always does when i say something she doesnt like. But it doesnt scare me at all because my mother is always on my side, and my thing is i am not gonna let my female friend sleep on the streets at 3 in the morning just to spare my grandma a few hours of sleep because she gets up at 5 am. i realize she works but i am not letting my friend go into a dangerous situation that she doesnt need to be in so she can snore like a damn bear for 2 more hours. Now tell me am i wrong for letting my friend come in?

6 comments:

fuzzy said...

I would not say you are wrong for letting her stay with you. I would say you are a considerate friend for opening the door for her. You do have to remember that it IS your GRANDMOTHER'S house. She had every right to react the way she did whether just or unjust.

Asking would of been a good way to go about it but at that hour that was not an option. I would of done the same thing in your situation except for curse at her. You have to respect those that have rule over you. Even when they do not respect you...

Trackstar said...

I did not curse at her i cursed at the situation and she knows i would neva curse at her i was raised with atleast that much respect

Promiscuous X said...

Wow...I think you wre absoultely rite for speaking your mind...sometimes people have to hear things in order to see the big picture. Your grandmother needs to cut it out. I woulda did the same thing. Tell her dont show favoritism, cuz thats eactly what she is doing....Lol @ snoring like a bear. Shit sometimes cursing is nessacary lol

TBone said...

To be honest I do feel you were right. Speaking up was the best thing you could do. The reality of the differences she makes between you and your cousin is obvious. It no way is that right or fair. But being under her roof does subject you to her unfairness. It took for my grandmother to be on her death bed before she acknowledged the differences she made between me and my brother. I accepted the apology but it was to late. I was 29 years old and because of her treatment towards me I was alienated from my entire fathers side of my family. It made me stronger but at what cost. So fight your battles wisely and I do agree that was on worth fighting.

Ty said...

I wonder if your grandmother really didn't get the point that she was kind of kicked out. Maybe she was just thinking it was a causal friend that just stopped by. Also seems like she was more upset at the hour that she came in and not so much that she was there. Which is understandable if you are trying to sleep before work. I can just say, wait until you both calm down and try to explain to her, calmly, where your mind was at that time.

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Reality check...It's not your house. You should've asked, PERIOD! Had you 'spoken' up in the beginning, you would've spared both you and your grandmother the heart ache. When you get your own place you'll understand.

~Damnit!